Parents, Students, and Faculty –
I apologize for the short notice. InTech will operate REMOTE classes tomorrow (Tues Sept 26).
Classes/Instruction for Tues 26 Sept
- There WILL NOT be in-person InTech classes
- Students should work remotely by logging in each class period to the Google Meet link posted to the class canvas page.
- If a student does not have access to an internet connection or productive work environment at home, they may still come work (“remotely”) in the InTech commons.
Other School Activities
- USU Broadcast courses will still run as normal. Students may choose to come in or attend remotely (if professor has remote option)
- The STEVE Club field trip at SDL is still tentatively scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.
- All FLEX period activities (FLEX tutorial, clubs, tutoring, groups) are cancelled
- AM STEM is cancelled
- Tuesday’s lunch will be available for pick-up at 12 for students who still would like one. Tuesday’s Menu is Baked Potatoes with Ham and Cheese.
- Standard lunch charges will apply. ($3.25 each, unless your student qualifies for free or reduced price lunches @$.40)
- Students who do come in for a lunch will not be charged
- Please contact with lunch questions or concerns
Why the change and the late notice?
- Late this morning, we were informed by our landlord’s HVAC contractor that there will be significant maintenance on the HVAC system, which has been scheduled for tomorrow morning.
- The maintenance includes removing/replacing two large HVAC units from the roof, with a crane. The crane is evidently difficult to re-sechedule and has already been reserved for tomorrow.
- Craning is generally a safe, activity, but out of an abundance of caution, we would prefer students are not around the building (very early AM) when that occurs.
- Our HVAC will be out in at least 3 classrooms and 2 office spaces for most of the day.
- The maintenance may include some “banging” and/or alarms which may be distracting.
- Some key staff that help manage school operations during maintenance activities have the morning off tomorrow.
If you have other questions or concerns, please send them to . I’ll then respond to questions/concerns with another mass email/text so that all parents/students/faculty can benefit from the question/response.