Want to get involved?
We love for parents to get involved! There are many ways to be involved at InTech, ranging from Board Membership, PTO, or our Parent Involvement Council. Take a look below for more information.
Two parents, elected by parents, serve two-year terms on the seven member ICA Governing Board. The Board provides mission and policy level direction to the school. One position is typically up for election each spring semester.
Board Meetings are open to the public (unless closed for legally approved purposes and through legally approved votes). See our Board Page.
Parent Involvement Council
Four or more parents, elected by parents, serve two-year terms on the ICA Parent Involvement Council. One parent member serves as the Council Chair. Elections are held during the fall parent-teacher-student conferences. To be added to the ballot, please contact email@example.com in September of the year in which you wish to run.
The Council acts as the school’s Trust Land Council and Title I Parental Involvement Committee – reviewing school performance, promoting parent involvement, directing Trust Land Grant spending, and recommending policy/procedure to the ICA Governing Board and ICA administration.
Parent Teacher Organization (informal)
Parents volunteer to serve as an informal Parent-Teacher-Organization. The PTO elects its own leaders (if desired). Typically, the PTO has undertaken the following types of activities:
- Providing meals for teachers at parent-teacher-student conferences.
- Collaborating with student leadership to put on Teacher Appreciation Week activities.
- Other activities as determined by the PTO and approved by the administration.
Please contact JaDean Frehner if you are interested in serving as a PTO member.
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
InTech parents have multiple opportunities to volunteer at the school. If you are interested in volunteering, contact the faculty advisor to the program you are interested in supporting (or the main office if you don’t know who the faculty advisor would be). An approval process is required for those wishing to serve as overnight chaperones, drivers, or ongoing mentors. Please read and complete the appropriate sections of the Volunteer Packet.See the Volunteer Page
Parent Feedback Opportunities
InTech parents have multiple formal and informal opportunities to provide feedback to us. ICA policy requires that stakeholders with concerns discuss those concerns with ICA personnel closest to them.
- Direct feedback to individual employees closest to a concern.
- Ability to appeal concerns to the administration/board per Stakeholder Concerns Policy.
- Annual formal school feedback survey (ASSIST), which is used in Accreditation and school improvement programs.
- Annual formal teacher feedback survey, which is used in teacher evaluation.
- ICA Board meetings and Parent Involvement Council meetings are public meetings. Parents are welcome to attend.
- Ability to observe classes of their own students per Parental Rights Policy.
See the Policy page for more information regarding these policies.